By accessing and using the Site and its’ services, you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to any of the provisions as set hereunder in this Policy, please do not use the Site or any of its services.
This Policy does not apply to other websites that post different statements, regardless whether or not the Site links to them or not.
1. NO USERS UNDER 17.
You must be 17 years old or older to use the Site. If you are under 17, please refrain from using the Site and/or from providing us with any information. We do not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 17. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 17 years old, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such information.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT.
We collect the following information so that we can provide you with our service:
- Information You Give Us. If you contact us, or list your business with us, we will be getting from you the following information: your full name, your business’ name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, geo location, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site and/or any other information you choose to add to your profile or send us. Additionally, we may receive your some financial information, such as your credit card details, but we do not store this information and it is only used for each specific payment transaction.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources, for example, if in the future we permit you to connect to the Site via your Facebook account, or if someone else comments about your service.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log anonymous information about you and your device (computer, mobile phone etc.) in order to improve our services, your experience on the Site and for increased security. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, and other general statistical information. In some cases, we might also log your IP address.
- We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your device to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. For example, cookies help store your username when you login so that you don’t have to insert this information every time. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You can remove or block cookies from the Site through your browser settings. On your mobile phone, this is done under “settings”.
Please note that if you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you and/or prevent you from being able to access/use certain features.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We use your personal information to provide you with the services on our Site and to improve your experience. Additionally, we may use your information to:
- Provide you with the service you requested.
- Operate, maintain and improve our Site.
- Send you information including confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Send you great offers about new and existing services that might interest you.
- Respond to comments and/or questions and to assist you with any technical support (establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password), log your activity and contact you.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Provide and deliver products and services that you may request.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may share personal information as follows:
- When you provide your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with third parties or other users. Third parties are subject to their own privacy policies.
- With third party service providers in order to provide you with specific services and/or features. For example, if we use a third party payment application.
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes, for example:
- To comply with laws.
- To lawful requests and legal processes.
- To protect the rights and property of the Company, its agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and TOU.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may also share general aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses. This information does not identify you personally.
5. SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our services may integrate with third party social applications and/or services (the “Social Apps”) and other related tools which let you share information and actions that you take on our Site with those Social Apps, and vice versa (for example, an action you take on our Site may be published on Facebook if your account has been set-up this way). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends. Please check the privacy policies of those Social Apps for more information about how they handle the data you share through them.
6. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION.
Your personal information is protected in several ways: access to your account and personal information is available only through a password and unique username/user ID selected by you (we recommend that you do not reveal or expose your password to anyone). Additionally, your personal information is stored on secured servers. By creating an account, you agree to keep your password and user name in strict confidence and not disclose such information to any third party.
Although we use industry standard security measures to protect your personal information so that it is not made available to unauthorized parties, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure and any information you provide is your sole responsibility and subject to this Policy and our TOU.
7. VIEWING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION.
Editing Your Information: You may review and edit any of your personal information by accessing your account, and if this is unsuccessful, by sending us a request by email (see below). Once you delete or cancel your account, we will delete your personal information, except for information needed for ongoing issues such as outstanding payments or legal proceedings. Additionally, we reserve the right to not delete business listings which details for and/or of are public. We may also use your personal information and other data obtained from your current and past activities, to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems or to improve our services. When necessary, we may keep specific identifiable information for up to 7 years, in order to comply with the law, prevent fraud, assist with any investigation and enforce our Site TOU.
8. COMMUNICATIONS AND PROMOTIONS.
By signing up to our Site, you are agree to receive emails and/or text messages with promotional content related directed or indirectly to our services, including, for example, service suggestions and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out through the link attached to each communication or by sending us an email. After doing so, we will no longer send you promotional emails. We may still send you non-commercial emails which are necessary in order to provide you with the services that you requested.
This Policy may be changed occasionally. If we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided, and/or by posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes will be effective upon the earliest of ten (10) calendar days following our email or ten (10) calendar days following our posting of notice on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
10. ABUSE OF PRIVACY AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
We take your privacy seriously. If you feel that your privacy has been harmed in any way, please let us know so that we can assist.
We welcome your comments or questions. You may contact us at: info [at] driversdirectory.co.za
Last Updated: September 2015